Molecular Medicine In Action
What are our goals?
- Increase students’ excitement for science
- Provide hands-on learning in a state-of-the art medicine and allied health environment
- Increase the number of students that ultimately select science as a career choice
What will I learn if I am selected?
- How DNA is isolated and analyzed
- How cytogenetics is used to diagnose diseases
- What types if research models are used to investigate the underlying causes of diabetes
- How bioethics relates to the scientific process
- How cancer cells respond to drug therapy
- Role of angiogenesis in disease
What will I do during MMIA
- Work side-by-side with IU School of Medicine researchers and physicians in laboratory work stations
- Learn cutting edge knowledge about angiogenesis and stem cells
- Learn where we are in the fight against cancer and diabetes
- Learn how modern molecular biology techniques are used for gene discovery, mutation analysis and cellular function
- Meet and interact with top scientists and other high school student from across the State of Indiana
How do I apply?
- Complete the online application by the deadline date